This portal was created during the LinkSCEEM project and received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement number 261600.
Essentially the portal consists of two main features:
- HPC training content organised according to specific categories
- Access to an educational HPC cluster for the purpose of engaging in hands-on HPC education and training
Luckily it's much more interesting than that sounds! We've tried to create a portal where you can use the highest quality training material and do hands on examples with the lowest possible barriers. Here we explain in more detail how this is achieved.
Organising Training Content
The internet is already full of HPC-related training content of various levels and topics. What we try to do here is collect this content and curate it, presenting the user with high quality content related to specific subject areas. When content for a subject area is added to database we display it under three different subheadings:
- Recommended - This is content which we feel is of high quality and is organised such that it provides a general flow through the subject area
- Captured - Captured content is singled out because many may prefer a lecture-based approach to learning and may be able to provide recorded examples which would be otherwise unavailable
- Other Material - This is content that does not fall in the first 2 categories but is still relevant to the subject area